How to Search Resources:
The main objective of the IWO is to collect and share resources regarding the usage of ICT in the water sector. To this end the IWO offers some tools to allow an user friendly way to explore and search the resources.
Resources Information Structure:
A resource will have the following information:
- Title: The title of the resource, this is clear for a book, chapter, paper or any other document. In the case of a product, this filed will contain the commercial name of the product. In the case of a company or organization it will contain the name.
- Description: The description of the resource. In the case of documents here goes the abstract, for the rest of resources a brief description is provided to know what the resource contains.
- URL or File: A link to the resource or the resource itself is provided.
- Format: The format of the resource.
- Aditional Information:
- Tags: Tags of the resource
- Topic: Topic of the document
- Type: Type of the document
- Year: Release year of the document
- Last Updated: Date of the last modification of the resource.
- Created: Date of the creation of the resource.
- Format: Format of the resource.
- License: License under which corresponds to the resource.
- ID: Id of the resource.
- State: State of the resource in the IWO.
The main page contains a search form, where the user can write the main keywords to look for. The IWO’s search engine will make a search in the database retrieving all datasets that contain the keywords in:
In Dataset section, the user can browse all datasets in Dataset section. It is also possible to use filters by selecting some of the filters in the left side menu. The filters included are:
There is also a custom search filed and a menu to sort the results obtained.
How to Create User Accounts
Only authenticated and validated user can upload resources and create datasets. To create a new user, please contact with email@example.com
How to Upload Resources
Under Dataset tab, there is an “Add Dataset” button. This button opens a wizard that helps the user to create a dataset and upload a first resource related to that Dataset. It is mandatory to add a resource when creating a new Dataset.
Upload Files and URLs
To upload a resource, a dataset has to be selected and then go to manage. In this new manage menu, under resources tab there is a “Add new resource” button.
Under Organization tabs, there is a “Add Organization” button that opens a form where an Organization can be created.